The Department of Veterans Affairs – Office of Inspector General and Department of Justice Announce Veterans Affairs Health Care Fraud Task Force
#VeteransAffairs #VA #HHS #DOJ #BoondoggledNews #FraudTaskForce
- VA launches National Artificial Intelligence Institute December 5, 2019The U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) established the National Artificial Intelligence Institute (NAII) for advancing the health and well-being of Veterans, as part of the commemoration of National Veterans and Military Families Month in November.
- VA inspires communities to support hospitalized Veterans throughout the holidays December 5, 2019The U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) is encouraging community members, individuals, businesses and organizations to help support hospitalized Veterans nationwide by turning good intentions into action on this International Volunteer Day Dec. 5.
- VA launches Solid Start to ensure Veterans are contacted during initial transition December 4, 2019The U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA), in collaboration with the Departments of Defense and Homeland Security, Dec. 2, introduced VA Solid Start which will proactively contact all newly separated service members at least three times during their first year of transition from the military.
- VA gives thanks for Whole Health peer facilitators November 25, 2019The U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) has designated Nov. 25, as National Whole Health Peer Facilitator Recognition Day as part of Veterans Month.
- VA reports significant increase in Veteran use of telehealth services November 22, 2019The U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) found more than 900,000 Veterans used VA telehealth services in fiscal year 2019 (FY) as revealed in a mid-October report.
- Wilkie Praises HVAC Leaders' End-of-Year Suicide Prevention Goal November 20, 2019VA Secretary Robert Wilkie praised members of the House Committee on Veterans' Affairs today for setting the goal of getting important Veterans suicide prevention legislation passed before the end of the year.
- VA renews partnership with Y-USA to expand whole-health services to Veteran communities November 15, 2019The U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) recently renewed a nationwide partnership with Y-USA that focuses on whole health to enhance services available that promote the health and well-being of Veterans, their families and caregivers.
- VA announces limits on taxpayer-funded union time, tells unions to pay their fair share for office space, equipment November 15, 2019The U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs announced today that unions will be required to vacate or pay rent for the use of VA office space and equipment that they previously used for free. Further, VA employees who serve as union representatives are now expected to spend at least 75 percent of their paid time performing […]
- VA uses innovative means to help reduce diabetic limb loss November 15, 2019November is National Diabetes Month and as part of broader efforts by the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) to confront diabetes, Dec. 1, VA will begin regional implementation of the Podimetrics Mat, a new medical device that has the potential to prevent limb loss in Veterans with diabetes.
- VA's version of ‘Shark Tank' awards grassroots health care innovations November 13, 2019As part of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs' (VA) efforts to promote grassroots innovations throughout its health care system, the agency recently crowned winners from the Veterans Heath Administration (VHA) Innovation Ecosystem's "Shark Tank" competition during the Oct. 23, VHA Innovation Experience (iEx) event.
- Army Veteran Finds Inspiration through Sports April 3, 2018Blind Veteran Deanna Callender is making her sixth trip to the National Disabled Veterans Winter Sports Clinic this week. She tells Veterans to focus on what you can do and then do it. Read the full story
- Preparation Key for Veteran with Chronic Condition March 27, 2018Army Veteran Nicole Bundas has the strength to talk about something which would have made the upstairs folks at Downton Abbey swoon. She's more than willing to tell her story to help other Veterans. Read the full story
- Gulf War Veterans – Research Volunteers Needed March 20, 2018VA researchers are looking for better treatments for Veterans with Gulf War Illness, a group of symptoms found in about one third of Veterans deployed in Operations Desert Storm and Desert Shield. Read the full story
- Meet Dr. Holst - Another One of VA’s Top Doctors March 13, 2018Dr. Seth Holst believes Veterans are true heroes, and he is honored to help care for them. An ophthalmologist at VA Pittsburgh, he considers his time with VA rewarding professionally and personally. Read the full story
- Lung Cancer Screening Saves Veterans Lives March 6, 2018Bay Pines VA has performed over 2,000 LDCT lung cancer screening exams and they're saving lives. If you ever smoked and are over 55, you should have a screening every year. Read the full story
- Veterans: Here's how to Avoid Getting the Flu February 27, 2018Want to avoid the flu? Dr. Jane Kim, VA's Chief Consultant for Preventive Medicine, shares some quick and easy ways to increase your chances of staying healthy during this nasty flu season. Read the full story
- New Blood Culture ID System Improves Care for Vets February 20, 2018VA's Tennessee Valley Healthcare System has a new system that lets doctors find harmful microorganisms in blood samples in just a few hours vs. three days with the old method. Read the full story
- National Salute to Veteran Patients Week February 13, 2018All this week, VA medical centers across the country are saluting our Veteran patients with valentines, musical performances and special ceremonies. You can salute Veterans all year by volunteering. Read the full story
- Help for Veterans with Seasonal Affective Disorder February 6, 2018If you feel sad in the winter, you may have Seasonal Affective Disorder. It is sometimes called winter depression. Here's information on treatment, including light therapy, from a VA psychiatrist. Read the full story
- February is Heart Month - A Veteran Nurse's Story January 30, 2018Betty Cunar served as a nurse in the Vietnam war. During American Heart Month, she shares her story of care she receives from VA to remind Veterans of the importance of knowing your heart numbers. Read the full story