OCC News Releases
- OCC Releases CRA Evaluations for 22 National Banks and Federal Savings Associations December 5, 2019The Office of the Comptroller of the Currency (OCC) released a list of Community Reinvestment Act (CRA) performance evaluations that became public during the period of November 1, 2019 through November 30, 2019. The list contains only national banks, federal savings associations, and insured federal branches of foreign banks that have received ratings.
- Comptroller Submits Written Statement on the Condition of the Federal Banking System, Regulatory Priorities December 4, 2019Comptroller of the Currency Joseph Otting today submitted the attached written statement on the condition of the federal banking system and progress made to achieve the agency's regulatory priorities to the House Committee on Financial Services.
- Federal Regulators Issue Joint Statement on the Use of Alternative Data in Credit Underwriting December 3, 2019Five federal financial regulatory agencies today issued a joint statement on the use of alternative data in underwriting by banks, credit unions, and non-bank financial firms.
- Agencies Clarify Requirements for Providing Financial Services to Hemp-Related Businesses December 3, 2019Four federal agencies in conjunction with the state bank regulators today issued a statement clarifying the legal status of hemp growth and production and the relevant requirements under the Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) for banks providing services to hemp-related businesses.
- OCC Issues First and Second Quarter 2020 CRA Evaluation Schedule November 26, 2019The Office of the Comptroller of the Currency (OCC) today released its schedule of Community Reinvestment Act (CRA) evaluations to be conducted in the first quarter and second quarter 2020.
- OCC Reduces 2020 Assessments on National Banks and Federal Savings Associations November 25, 2019The Office of the Comptroller of the Currency (OCC) is reducing the rates in all fee schedules by 10 percent for the 2020 calendar year.
- OCC Enforcement Actions and Terminations November 21, 2019The Office of the Comptroller of the Currency (OCC) today released new enforcement actions taken against national banks, federal savings associations, and individuals currently and formerly affiliated with national banks and federal savings associations.
- OCC Supports Minority Depository Institutions, Deputy Comptroller Testifies November 20, 2019Deputy Comptroller for the Northeastern District Beverly Cole today described agency efforts to support minority depository institutions.
- Federal Bank Regulatory Agencies Finalize Rule to Update Calculation of Counterparty Credit Risk for Derivative Contracts November 19, 2019Three federal bank regulatory agencies on Tuesday jointly announced a final rule updating how certain banking organizations are required to measure counterparty credit risk for derivative contracts under their regulatory capital rules.
- Agencies Finalize Changes to Supplementary Leverage Ratio as Required by Economic Growth, Regulatory Relief, and Consumer Protection Act November 19, 2019The federal bank regulatory agencies have finalized changes to a capital requirement for banking organizations predominantly engaged in custodial activities, as required by the Economic Growth, Regulatory Relief, and Consumer Protection Act (EGRRCPA).